Idea for turret covering

Suggestions you have for the Annihilation mod.

Moderator: Moderators

SAND
Commander
Commander

Idea for turret covering

Post by SAND » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:25 am

I would like to make it where ff's and blastwalls will not cover turrets. you can move them with a pitchfork but if they hit a turret they eitehr stop or take damage. Still allow them to cover stations and stuff though.

Turret Covers

Add Turret cover that are made jsut for certain turrets. when you buy one and goto deploy it you jsut point at turret and it deployes right over turret. these covers are not moveable.
I had turret covers in one of my recent edits and people loved them.

the only problem i had was you still have to put 2 covers of turrets because the plasma turret will kill them if you only put up one.

I did make a turret that deployed 5 force feilds with one set.
Suggested turrets
Camera Cover = Cover Lasers and cmaera shapes
20 count
FlameProof Cover = Goes over other cover to protect from the plasma bolt ammo explosion
10 count
Particle Refletor Cover = This cover also covers either the camers shape or the medium turrets cover. when hit with a particle beam this cover has a 40 percent chance to reflect the beams damage on the shooter.
Medium cover = cover all medium turrets like Ion, Flame, Shock, nuke, vortex

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Idea for turret covering

Post by Plasmatic » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:27 pm

How about turrets that damage themselves and walls they shoot through? That would solve most problems.

Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

Post by Anubis » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 pm

then you would have to increase the resistance of the turrets... and I actually like that idea, plasmatic. It would be good with one condition: you must remove nukes and partice beam from its actual status and make the changes suggested in the other discussion topic. Or else It would be disadvantageous for one of the teams, for it will be an easy rape and never recover for them

SAND
Commander
Commander

Post by SAND » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:26 pm

there is not problem plas, but one day while your on your should come into me server where i have a couple turret covers. they are cool and something new for people to play with. nothing is wrong with the blast walls, but this is new stuff

SAND
Commander
Commander

Post by SAND » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:31 pm

cover turrets with blast walls has only been around for 13 years. ;) new ideas will get people in the server.

Blakhart
The ultimate Iowigger!

Post by Blakhart » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:23 am

clipping is bad

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:01 pm

I love how Plasmatic's response is precisely the opposite of the suggestion, and blackhart's comment is completely irrelevant...

You guys are entertaining.