Personal option to ignore messages with sound.

Suggestions you have for the Annihilation mod.

Moderator: Moderators

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Personal option to ignore messages with sound.

Post by Plasmatic » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:52 am

I was playing a few days ago, and some guys were having fun with their voice packs. Not a terrible thing, but other players were trying to talk, and I realized how handy a toggle would be, and how easy it would be to code it up. :cat:

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Re: Personal option to ignore messages with sound.

Post by Perrinoia » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:21 am

That's a good idea... People have been driving me nuts with their spamming lately. But it's not just the ones with sound (or maybe they do have sound and I don't know it cause I don't use 5150 or anything)... For instance, the other day I was playing in BR and one guy was spamming, "Hellen Keller was a faggot" or something like that while everyone else was spamming need repairs and damnits and things like that...

I basically went down the tab list ignoring everyone who sent a random voice pack message for the whole mission... Which meant that in between all the spamming you'd continually see the message, "[df]Perrinoia is no longer listening to _______."

So they all got annoyed with me and voted to globally mute me as if that would prevent them from seeing the ignore message...

So that gave me an idea, which I coded for Annihilation BR (but haven't sent to BR Owner yet).

Code: Select all

// Old
   else if(%opt == "mute")
   {
      messageAllExcept(%cl,0,Client::getName(%clientId)@" is no longer listening to "@Client::getName(%cl)@".");
      Client::sendMessage(%cl,0,Client::getName(%clientId)@" is no longer listening to you.");
      %clientId.muted[%cl] = true;
   }
   else if(%opt == "unmute")
   {
      messageAllExcept(%cl,0,Client::getName(%clientId)@" is listening to "@Client::getName(%cl)@ " again.");
      Client::sendMessage(%cl,0,Client::getName(%clientId)@" is listening to you again.");
      %clientId.muted[%cl] = "";
   }

Code: Select all

// New
   else if(%opt == "mute")
   {
      Client::sendMessage(%clientId,0,"You are no longer listening to "@Client::getName(%cl)@".");
      Client::sendMessage(%cl,0,Client::getName(%clientId)@" is no longer listening to you.");
      %clientId.muted[%cl] = true;
   }
   else if(%opt == "unmute")
   {
      Client::sendMessage(%clientId,0,"You are listening to "@Client::getName(%cl)@ " again.");
      Client::sendMessage(%cl,0,Client::getName(%clientId)@" is listening to you again.");
      %clientId.muted[%cl] = "";
   }

Another idea I had, which I haven't coded yet, is to store a client's mute preferences based on client IP addresses just like you store their weapon mode preferences, so that the annoying love can't simply reconnect to make you ignore them all over again.

Death666
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Death666 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:11 pm

The loudness of the voices has always been the trouble for me. I do like to leave them on, but even with the tribes volume bar on 1% they blast your ears if you happen to use headphones and like to crank your computers volume for the sake of the music you listen to while playing.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 pm

I don't have that problem... My volume controls work.

SAND
Commander
Commander

Post by SAND » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:06 pm

Nox has one in our old servers

Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

Post by Anubis » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:08 pm

yeah.. I cant use «scream» :(

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

Finally got around to this. Done and running in Blue sex. Instead of seeing and hearing global messages with sounds, the client hears a beep. Team messages remain the same. Effectively ignore annoying soundpacks.