Make the portal gun last longer

Suggestions you have for the Annihilation mod.

Moderator: Moderators

Nerd42
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Nerd42 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:34 am

Treshnell wrote:Back to using Necro for that little trick then :D
Of course, it's a little tougher without Angel's flying advantage.
Aww ... at least leave the rouges with a portal gun that only works for rouges please!! :)

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Perrinoia » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Frankly, I think the mod should be simplified... By removing unbalanced items like the heaven's gate, lamer, and the pitch fork from standard gameplay, only allowing them during builder mode or some other mode like that.

Also, making all weapon modes toggle only, no weapons with more than 2 modes that you have to cycle through for ever before finding the right mode, only to accidentally pass it by right when you need it.

For instance, minibomber toggles between launching 3 grenades simultaneously, and launching 3 grenades that split into 2-3 mines each.
suicide det pack toggles between martyr mode and pansy mode. In fact, you don't need weapon modes for that... remoteKill() should blow it up on your back, while remoteUse("SuicideDetPack") should throw it.

User avatar
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Posts: 8376
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: 4th State of matter.
Contact:

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Plasmatic » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:55 pm

Lamer? That was a test weapon, and never part of any release.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Perrinoia » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Then why do I have it?

User avatar
Freelancer
ɹǝɔuɐןǝǝɹɟ
Posts: 2045
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:41 pm

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Freelancer » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:29 am

If you took the pitchfork out of regular gameplay you'd have to take out the nuke as well or make laser turrets disgustingly strong.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Perrinoia » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:16 pm

Hmm... That sounds like the mod I'm making... The turrets are as strong as blast walls, and they cause as much damage as laser turrets, so you don't have to burry them. There are no barriers so you can't block up the base... and the turrets can't be placed close enough to each other to block most entrances.

ProtoManX
Commander
Commander
Posts: 790
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2002 11:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by ProtoManX » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:30 pm

I put in one the last versions of Apoc a deployable shield booster. It could only be deployed on objects and gave the object a shield if it didn't have one and boosted those that already had a shield. It was never tweaked to the level I felt was right but it did function properly.

Nerd42
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Nerd42 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:30 am

Perrinoia wrote:Frankly, I think the mod should be simplified... By removing unbalanced items like the heaven's gate, lamer, and the pitch fork from standard gameplay, only allowing them during builder mode or some other mode like that.

Also, making all weapon modes toggle only, no weapons with more than 2 modes that you have to cycle through for ever before finding the right mode, only to accidentally pass it by right when you need it.

For instance, minibomber toggles between launching 3 grenades simultaneously, and launching 3 grenades that split into 2-3 mines each.
suicide det pack toggles between martyr mode and pansy mode. In fact, you don't need weapon modes for that... remoteKill() should blow it up on your back, while remoteUse("SuicideDetPack") should throw it.
I think Annihilation would be alot more boring without the pitchfork

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Perrinoia » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:13 am

Annihilation didn't always have the pitchfork, and it was fun before it did too... I'm not saying it's not fun with it, I'm just saying that some people exploit it to really ruin a map... Constantly moving other people's shit, or deploying barriers, then burrying them in a wall just to run up the item count and prevent people from using them.

Nerd42
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Nerd42 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:41 pm

Perrinoia wrote:Annihilation didn't always have the pitchfork, and it was fun before it did too... I'm not saying it's not fun with it, I'm just saying that some people exploit it to really ruin a map... Constantly moving other people's doggy doo, or deploying barriers, then burrying them in a wall just to run up the item count and prevent people from using them.
well i thought it was pretty funny when the other team tries to block off entrance to their base with blast walls or force fields and I can run over as builder with a pitchfork and just move 'em. force fields and blast walls will become much more powerful without pitchfork

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Perrinoia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:14 am

Yeah, it's funny when your not on the team that is blocked in their own base.

Nerd42
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Nerd42 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:58 am

Perrinoia wrote:Yeah, it's funny when your not on the team that is blocked in their own base.
Hmm that would be a problem. Perhaps if everybody spawned with a pitchfork, that would be prevented

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000
Posts: 11185
Joined: Sat May 04, 2002 11:00 pm
Location: Rhode Island

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Perrinoia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:07 pm

What a horrible idea... You keep your suggestions to yourself!

Nerd42
Ensign
Ensign
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

Re: Make the portal gun last longer

Post by Nerd42 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Perrinoia wrote:What a horrible idea... You keep your suggestions to yourself!
Well the pitchforks would need to be modded so they can't pick up people but you're probably right that wouldn't work anyway.

Post Reply