mobile/deployable inventories combined

Suggestions you have for the Annihilation mod.

Moderator: Moderators

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

mobile/deployable inventories combined

Post by Perrinoia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I'm not suggesting you change builder's beacons at all... But I think the mobile inventory shouldn't be as big as the map's inventories... I think the mobile/deployable inventory packs should be combined into one pack, which deploys a deployable inventory looking device, with a single zappy turret in it...

That's my suggestion, and I'm sticking to it!

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: mobile/deployable inventories combined

Post by Plasmatic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:58 pm

I've actually toyed with zappy deployable inventories, but never put it into the mod.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Thats good, your half way there already. Now finish it!

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Maybe when I get done un breaking other parts of the mod. Hare are the most recent changes.
11/3/2009 8:21AM
Finished modifying lobbing weapons to work with target laser and targets.
Minibomber: Reduced distance for lucifers hammer and starburst projectiles so all projectiles hit in the same place.
SpellFlameThrower: No longer fires through a function, replaced with sweetness.
Baby nuke: No longer fires through a function, replaced with sweetness.

Removed Lucifers hammer weapon. Redundant.
Hammer projectile marks objects with beacons for lobbing goodness.
Added ff walls, doors, platforms and blastwall to hammer marking.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:54 am

I never did like the lucifer's hammer, and now you've gone and added it to the minibomber instead of making it a seperate weapon? Minibomber already has too many modes!

Here's the current list, I think:
    Single Grenade
    Tripple Grenade
    Mine Launcher
    Starburst Mine
    Camera (This was my suggestion that was a cool idea, but is absolutely useless)
    Lucifer's hammer

Really... It's a bit obsurd, don't you think?

Frankly, I think all of the weapon modes should be toggle only, for instance,

Minibomber [Mine (6 Ammo)/Grenade (3 Ammo)] Mode
    Particle Beam Cannon [Annihilator (100%)/Doomsday (?%)] Mode
    Suicide Det Pack [Instant (0 Seconds)/Delayed (5 Seconds)] Mode
    Baby Nuke Launcher [Mortar (1 Ammo)/Rocket (2 Ammo)] Mode

And yes, I'm still pushing for the names of the particle beam cannon modes to be changed to the Total Annihilation Arm and Core turret names. Annihilator fires only one type of beam, while Doomsday fires a variety of beams.

Annihilator versus Doomsday
ImageImage

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:06 am

The Hammer projectile has been part of the Minibomber for a while now. The Minibomber also has been cut down to 4 modes. Triple, Starburst, Camera (really a single grenade you can look through), and Hammer. The Hammer is intended to be used against pesky airborn targets, but will shock anything. Turrets included.

Mmm, TA names for the PB? Unpossible!

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:27 am

Yeah, lucifer hammer also shocks yourself... Everytime I use it, I get shocked. That's why I never bought it from the inventory. When you made it a mode for the minibomber, I kept switching to it accidentally and shocking myself.

In fact, I get shocked doing just about anything in Annihilation these days... I dunno why most of the time.

Someone hits me with a single plasma bolt, suddenly i've got zero energy and can't dodge the inevitable ammo dump that usually follows.

Or, I rocket jump with shields, guess what, suddenly, i'm shocked again... my energy doesn't come back for a few seconds, and by then I've missed the float base i was trying to land on.

These things don't happen everytime, but seem to happen randomly. as if the function that shocks you gets called in situations where it shouldn't.

Either that, or i've got a teammate who constantly throws builder nades or lucifer hammer's at my back. I dunno. I find it incredibly annoying.

I don't use it because it is not effective against small armors, which are nimble when walking anyway. It's effective against heavies, like titan, as it requires energy to move most of the time.

I just thought of something... Did you make it so if you get shot in the energy pack, you get shocked? If so, that would explain a lot. I'm gonna go read some scripts to answer my own question.

Lidge Farkley
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Lidge Farkley » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:09 am

Perr, your avatar makes much sense now.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:13 pm

Why does everyone think I'm crazy?! Is it my name?

Lidge Farkley
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Lidge Farkley » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:32 am

Well.. it was more the insane ideal spilling rambling styled similar to my self on other forums, but it's no big deal. I was known to be a bit crazy, you've just become comfortable with exposing your true self to everyone with your avatar.

Peace!

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:11 am

lol.

My sister commented the other day, "Have you ever thought about maybe NOT telling stories that make you sound like a horn dog?" I responded, "I prefer to be an open book."

The story that provoked her comment was about me getting rear ended at a traffic signal.

I was driving towards a green light, with a car full of hotties on my left. I looked at them, and they looked at me, and then I saw red lights in my periphery and slammed on my brakes. The car behind me, which also had a hottie in it, didn't stop in time and hit me. I pull off the road, as does she. She asks why I stopped so quickly, and I informed her that I wasn't paying attention to the cars ahead of me because of the car full of hotties beside me. She responded, "Me too..." to which I said, "Really...?" :shock:

In case your wondering, the only damage was her license plate being wrapped around my trailer hitch. Didn't need to wait for cops or call insurance or anything like that.

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:42 pm

1) Plasma will set you on fire, but doesn't affect energy at all. Older versions would damage a burning player if they jetted with low energy, but that was removed a long time ago.
2) Shield pack trades damage for energy. Always been that way even in base. Not shock damage, just slower recharge on heavy armors.
3) Builder and Lucifer projectiles don't shock team mates, only the shooter, but maybe this should be changed.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Plasmatic wrote:1) Plasma will set you on fire, but doesn't affect energy at all. Older versions would damage a burning player if they jetted with low energy, but that was removed a long time ago.

When you say "Older versions", are you refering to the 3.0 beta public release that everyone downloaded, modified, and hosted, such as in BR, OZ, TM and TL's servers? If so, then I'm glad that you've since fixed it. Now publically release another version so all those clans can update and resolve some of their retarded issues.
Plasmatic wrote:2) Shield pack trades damage for energy. Always been that way even in base. Not shock damage, just slower recharge on heavy armors.

I was specifically refering to Titan beacons, which may or may not be coded identically. I use energy pack, and Titan beacons, get shot with a plasma, catch on fire, try to jet, and get fried by my own jets. It's incredibly annoying when you are immobilized or killed by one plasma bolt in titan armor with an energy pack.
Plasmatic wrote:3) Builder and Lucifer projectiles don't shock team mates, only the shooter, but maybe this should be changed.

Yes, please. Today, I was on the verge of kicking a teammate for constantly shocking me with builder nades until I happened to notice the red triangle in the hallway. There had been a chameleon hiding in our base for like 5 minutes with a lucifers hammer, occasionally poking his head out to launch one of those shocking grenade things into the room. It was driving me nuts until I discovered that it wasn't my teammate who was standing there constantly aiming at me without moving.

Lidge Farkley
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

Post by Lidge Farkley » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:32 am

Perrinoia wrote:lol.

My sister commented the other day, "Have you ever thought about maybe NOT telling stories that make you sound like a horn dog?" I responded, "I prefer to be an open book."

The story that provoked her comment was about me getting rear ended at a traffic signal.

I was driving towards a green light, with a car full of hotties on my left. I looked at them, and they looked at me, and then I saw red lights in my periphery and slammed on my brakes. The car behind me, which also had a hottie in it, didn't stop in time and hit me. I pull off the road, as does she. She asks why I stopped so quickly, and I informed her that I wasn't paying attention to the cars ahead of me because of the car full of hotties beside me. She responded, "Me too..." to which I said, "Really...?" :shock:

In case your wondering, the only damage was her license plate being wrapped around my trailer hitch. Didn't need to wait for cops or call insurance or anything like that.

This story is very suggestive.
I love it!