Annihilation Wish List

Suggestions you have for the Annihilation mod.

Moderator: Moderators

MadCowDisease2
Commander
Commander

Re: Annihilation Wish List

Post by MadCowDisease2 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Perrinoia wrote:Sorry, it's Bud Light.

Even better. That's cheaper. Too bad I can't get drunk off that crap unless I take 1.5 12packs.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:22 am

You can get drunk faster by drinking the urine of a man who drank some real beer. Get it while it's hot, right from the tap!

MadCowDisease2
Commander
Commander

Post by MadCowDisease2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Why the hell would I drink Canadian piss?

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:22 am

Who said anything about Canadians? You have a specific tap in mind already?

MadCowDisease2
Commander
Commander

Post by MadCowDisease2 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:19 pm

Perrinoia wrote:Who said anything about Canadians? You have a specific tap in mind already?

No. Canadian beer actually has alcohol in it, unlike American beer.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Some Canadian beers have 2% more alcohol than some American beers... Not all.

Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

Post by Anubis » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:45 pm

annihilation 1.40 :) I wish that yesh

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:49 pm

How is my banninator weapon coming along?
Remember? The one where if you are damaged you are banned from the server for 1 minute? It is the son of the Jail gun!

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:18 pm

The bastard son, maybe.

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:22 pm

We could call it the noob gun. I'm sure it would be pretty effective at chasing new players from Annihilation!

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:55 pm

We've already got one of those, it's called Bosdad.

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:12 pm

After a break of 4 months I entered BR again to play, a new mission started.
It went out pretty good for the first 3 minutes, then I remembered why I left and hate this server:
1.Game is fun until the first noob deploys a laser turret and puts some staticshit to cover it.
They deploy stuff faster than you destroy it, even if you are just standing with a pbeam shooting everything.
2.Noobs think they are so pro with a rocket launcher. They miss you by like 20 meters and still hit you,
and if you are close to them and in the air, they wisely aim down and shoot the floor.
3.More complicated noobs use the necromancer to stasis you and keep doing that for ever, or
use a jail gun and kill you with it. Do they even get points for jailing someone?
4.The good old OS launcher, that after some bug fixes can be launched from anywhere.
Also the awesome repair gun with infinite range and repair speed.

(=SK=)Zorak
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by (=SK=)Zorak » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:48 am

The defense might not be a problem if people actually used teamwork, instead of everyone doing their own thing. It takes a couple different people in a couple different armors to properly rape a base :) .

I never have a problem with somebody with a rocket launcher. Just kill them :!:

Stasis is kinda annoying, but most of the noobs who would use it don't have good aim anyways, so just move around more and quicker.

The repair gun doesn't have infinite range, but it is pretty far. I've always hated the OS :D

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:16 pm

1) I'm gonna take C--'s side on this one... One person can deploy defenses about 3-4 times faster than one person can destroy them. I have literally watched someone deploy 2-3 lasers and cover them with a deployable platform and jump pad in less time than it took me to charge my pbeam to 100% once. I used that 100% charge to shoot the jump pad, causing roughly 25-30% damage to it, only to see a repair beam snipe it from behind a wall. The repair beam repaired it faster than I could recharge my pbeam.

2) I'm gonna take Zorak's side on this one... Rocket/disc has been the name of the game since day 1 of Tribes. If you run through the training missions in T2, it explicitly tells you to do exactly what you just described: fly above your target and shoot the ground nearest your targets. You just have to be better than the noobs, that's all.

3) Yeah, stasis and jail is annoying, when you are on the receiving end, but it's hilarious when you are the one doing it and they are the ones raging out like a caged monkey. It's also quite a useful tactic for base rape, because it prevents your enemies from defending their base for awhile. Jail a whole team and you can roam their base freely stripping their defenses with a pitchfork or something. No, you don't get points for jailing or stasising your enemies, however, it can provide a strategic advantage for your team, if used properly.

4) OS is easy to defend against... Just deploy a control jammer. Problem solved! You can also shoot the missiles out of the air. Super sniper repair beams, on the other hand, are not only cheap and ridiculous, they also contribute massively to the repair glitch, due to the fact that 90% of the time you cannot see the douche who is repairing what you are trying to destroy.

As Zorak said, raping a base takes teamwork... Chameleons and Ghosts can infiltrate a base without being seen, and rape it from the inside while jailing/stasising enemies, while builders fork their way in and heavy armors can provide cover and clean up the mess. A successful rape against a good team only takes 2-3 players working together. They don't need to communicate to accomplish this either, they can merely notice that one guy is jailing enemies and jump into action with the knowledge that there won't be much resistance. It's that simple.

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:17 am

Perr, you seem to talk a lot about strategy and team advantage etc...

Where did you come from? The server is BR annihilation! Its every love tribesman for himself!
If team damage was on, stupid noobs would shoot their teammates. Teams in BR server are made
so the red guys spawn far away from you to let you some time buy a weapon. Noobs dont really care
about their team, they put defenses to gain the points, not to protect their flag.

As you said, jailing someone is fun because you realize that you ruin today's Tribes time for that player
and instead of playing the game he will sit and enjoy the forcefields. You and all those jail noobs are
horrible people. Regarding team advantage, it all BS, you are the only one to even think about it.

Rocket launcher is annoying because it doesn't do as much damage as it kicks you to the love moon.
So if you have a disc and a noob has a rocket, you want to MA that noob because you have some skill to
do that, he shoots the floor and it is mostly enough to make you lose all control over your momentum.
And you know what that means? When you cannot control your momentum? Yes, he will calculate where you
land and shoot there, and you are again up in the air, falling somewhere else like a dummy. Only skiing can save you.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:57 am

Well, different people have different ideas of what team play means...

Spawn only/pick up/LT players all think that team play means passing the flag.
Battlefield 2 players think team play means voip communication... Many squad leaders go as far as to kick people out of their squad who do not have a mic.

I'm not entirely sure what your definition of team play is, but you obviously disagree with mine, which is sort of a diversionary tactic... Keep the enemy away from their own base so it's easier to rape. It's as simple as that. There are many different ways to do this... For instance, you can deploy an air base within the fog distance from the enemy base, and suddenly, every enemy is compelled to attack and rape that air base... all you have to do is occasionally repair it, maybe deploy 1 turret on it, and they'll continue to be distracted by it like a cat chasing a laser pointer.

In the mean time, your teammates can be raping the shit out of the enemy base, and they won't even know it until they get that "Your team's generators have been destroyed" message.

Whether you use an air base, jail tower, stasis spell, phase shifter, it doesn't matter. The point is, if you are using it correctly, you are getting the enemy out of their base to make it easier to rape or steal the flag.

That's my definition of team work. And for the record, I only resort to those tactics when I'm unsuccessful at raping their base by my self. Almost every time I do use those tactics though, my team rapes the enemy base and then caps out the mission... So while I might not have the highest score at the end of the mission, I had a lot of fun, and my team won. That's my goal, and I hope it's the goal of my whole team.

There are definitely people who play for the soul purpose of posting screenshots of their high score (see {OZ} and <!> forums), but even if you have a team full of them, and you get the enemy out of their base consistently, your team will win.

Blakhart
The ultimate Iowigger!

Post by Blakhart » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:29 am

still no sharks/lasers

sigh

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:47 am

These are the same problems I have with the BR edit.
1. The Jump pad was made tough enough that it's more useful to cover turrets than as a jump pad.
2. Repair rifle range can unbalance the game.
3. No sharks with lasers

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:28 pm

sharks with lasers? what?

Oh this reminds me about the laser turret but I gave up on that since all mods added it.
Small turret that always hits and does a lot of damage. basically, who needs plasma, rocket and ion turrets
when you have that, especially if you put it inside a blast wall/jump pad or just use the pitchfork to stuff it into
an interior shape somehow...

The turret that shoots you down in the air and drains your energy is a good idea btw.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Neuro basher? I love hate that turret.

It just pushes you around and occasionally zaps your energy, but never damages you...

Then you drop to the ground and shoot the damn thing, but it takes a crap ton of shots to destroy the friggen thing, cause it's made up of multiple parts, and some of the parts don't take damage... Also, it is quite buggy, in that it shoots random rockets up in the air at nothing, and occasionally zaps teammates when attempting to target enemies.

Oh, and some servers (<!>) broke the destroy code so that you have to destroy each piece individually... They don't all blow up together.