T1 Vista Test

This is the development community to discuss tribes mod coding or to ask questions.

Moderator: Moderators

81 Thu May 03, 2007 10:33 pm

NoFiXette wrote:You didn't hear that. You saw most of my releases, then came to that conclusion on your own.

No.
Kigen
The Legendary Lone Marine.

82 Fri May 04, 2007 3:55 pm

Kigen, you can't possibly convince me that you learned of the 'rasadhlp' loader method of anywhere - but this website, and my postings / releases. I regret releasing anything using it, because I knew there would be idiots like you taking advtange of it.

Technically, any DLL can be replicated, and replaced. The complexity depends on the DLL, and how it interacts with the host application.

A good example is mem.dll. Tribes attempts to load the library, and if it exists and meets certain criteria ( contains a few exported memory functions ), then it's loaded - thus a clean method of code injection that doesn't bother / harass the user ( HM for example, or any external loader ).

I haven't stumbled onto an application, yet, that won't allow this method of code injection. There's almost always some worthless DLL loaded, that isn't required - that can be replaced with your own - given you can meet that DLL's usage criteria.
NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

83 Fri May 04, 2007 5:32 pm

NoFiXette wrote:Kigen, you can't possibly convince me that you learned of the 'rasadhlp' loader method of anywhere - but this website, and my postings / releases. I regret releasing anything using it, because I knew there would be idiots like you taking advtange of it.

Technically, any DLL can be replicated, and replaced. The complexity depends on the DLL, and how it interacts with the host application.

A good example is mem.dll. Tribes attempts to load the library, and if it exists and meets certain criteria ( contains a few exported memory functions ), then it's loaded - thus a clean method of code injection that doesn't bother / harass the user ( HM for example, or any external loader ).

I haven't stumbled onto an application, yet, that won't allow this method of code injection. There's almost always some worthless DLL loaded, that isn't required - that can be replaced with your own - given you can meet that DLL's usage criteria.

Your not the only one who can code shit for TRIBES, so please stop pretending like you are.

Well, I found who I heard it from, Andrew in an email to me.

Andrew wrote:You need mem.dll to fix the memory allocator unless you know how to how to code a working allocator that is fast in about 512 bytes (maybe a little more if you can find a larger code cave).

Also, you can rename mem.dll to rasadhlp.dll and it will still work fine. If NoFiX doesn't like you, you can probably look forward to it being cracked in other ways in short order.

I'd normally assume that a different DLL needs different stuff to be loaded by TRIBES.
Kigen

84 Fri May 04, 2007 6:23 pm

I seem to be having a problem with the fix. For some reason, when I open the .exe file, vista acts as if it's loading it for a few seconds, then nothing. Anything I can do or is it just some strange occurrence?

-[QVC]-gangsta
gangsta
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

85 Fri May 04, 2007 7:05 pm

Kigen wrote:Your not the only one who can code :oops: for TRIBES, so please stop pretending like you are.

I'd normally assume that a different DLL needs different stuff to be loaded by TRIBES.

The Tribes community would be a lot different if andrew, and myself, didn't release the majority of our work. We put our time into it, and what we put into it, we also put out - for the community. Please don't deny me the credit I deserve.

I never claimed to be the only 'one' who could code for Tribes. I do know that I'm one of the few that have actually earned the right to say that I can, and have. You haven't. You've taken andrews code and put your name on it. Big deal, anyone can do that.

Listen, I respect everything andrew's done for this community. Without him, Tribes would be very different. I appreciate what he's done, and I give him all the credit in the world - because what he's done, he's done by himself. There's no one else in this community, that I'm aware of, besides myself, that can make the same claim.

I know you, and know what you're capable of - ripping other peoples work. You've contributed nothing to this community, and if you think that because you added a few echos to something andrew wrote makes you a coding expert, you're a fool / idiot.
NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

86 Fri May 04, 2007 7:07 pm

gangsta wrote:I seem to be having a problem with the fix. For some reason, when I open the .exe file, vista acts as if it's loading it for a few seconds, then nothing. Anything I can do or is it just some strange occurrence?

-[QVC]-gangsta

What fix are you using? Hudbot, mem.dll( the one I recently released ), or one of the executable fixes?
NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

87 Fri May 04, 2007 7:29 pm

NoFiXette wrote:
Kigen wrote:Your not the only one who can code :oops: for TRIBES, so please stop pretending like you are.

The Tribes community would be a lot different if andrew, and myself, didn't release the majority of our work. We put our time into it, and what we put into it, we also put out - for the community. Please don't deny me the credit I deserve.

I never claimed to be the only 'one' who could code for Tribes. I do know that I'm one of the few that have actually earned the right to say that I can, and have. You haven't. You've taken andrews code and put your name on it. Big deal, anyone can do that.

Listen, I respect everything andrew's done for this community. Without him, Tribes would be very different. I appreciate what he's done, and I give him all the credit in the world - because what he's done, he's done by himself. There's no one else in this community, that I'm aware of, besides myself, that can make the same claim.

I know you, and know what you're capable of - ripping other peoples work. You've contributed nothing to this community, and if you think that because you added a few echos to something andrew wrote makes you a coding expert, you're a fool / idiot.

I wasn't referring to myself when I wrote:

I was referring to Andrew.

Because you always seem to flame me saying that I'm always ripping you off in some form or fasion or that I'm assuming something based off of what you've done.

NoFiXette wrote:Kigen, you can't possibly convince me that you learned of the 'rasadhlp' loader method of anywhere - but this website, and my postings / releases. I regret releasing anything using it, because I knew there would be idiots like you taking advtange of it.
Kigen

88 Fri May 04, 2007 9:06 pm

No offense Kigen, and I'm sure you'll have something smart to respond to this with, but you seem to hide your agendas about as badly as the corrupt politicians we have to vote for in our elections. I can't even recall how long you kept annoyingly asking for the tribes.h file and such that was included as mem.dll before it was made openly available, and while you were asking for it you claimed you wanted to improve Tribes and help it thrive. It's been quite awhile since everything you needed to compile your own mem.dll was made available to you and all you've managed to produce to those who read your claims summed up into one word is nothing.

But that's no big deal. If you get the tools but never get around to doing something, big deal. It happens. But your various comments and such which make it apparent that you have no interest in sharing any discoveries that you do make in Tribes coding with the general public is what's so bad. I've looked at you as a hypocrite for awhile now, and there's the explanation as to why. You get work from other people, you take it and supposedly create changes that make improvements upon it and then you just boast about it.

If you haven't actually found a way to make a server better secure against cheats and crashes, I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to read anymore from you about your 1.50 or whatever you're calling it. Otherwise: it's simply put-up or shut-up.

Kigen wrote:I remember someone saying you could rename a mem.dll to rasadhlp.dll and stuff would work just fine.

But I haven't tested this.
This turns out to be a lie. I remembered seeing this file in some crash-related pack supposedly thrown together by you quite awhile back that WICKED{OZ} gave to me. I still have it, along with the .dll file if you'd like to retest - I mean test it. For some reason I didn't feel it was worth putting up in the downloads I've been hosting. Probably because I didn't trust it.
Kirkesp
Captain
Captain

89 Fri May 04, 2007 9:44 pm

Flame on! :mrt:
Jinzo
Contributor #1

90 Fri May 04, 2007 10:08 pm

Kigen i support everything nofix says about you, and why can be summed up by what kirkesp said.
BHTANK
I have no clue.

91 Fri May 04, 2007 10:34 pm

I'm just following everyone else's example.

Kirkesp wrote:This turns out to be a lie. I remembered seeing this file in some crash-related pack supposedly thrown together by you quite awhile back that WICKED{OZ} gave to me. I still have it, along with the .dll file if you'd like to retest - I mean test it. For some reason I didn't feel it was worth putting up in the downloads I've been hosting. Probably because I didn't trust it.

That DLL was NoFiX's, that was the love up NoCrash.
Kigen

92 Sat May 05, 2007 10:16 am

Kigen wrote:I'm just following everyone else's example.

That DLL was NoFiX's, that was the :oops: up NoCrash.

The crash-fix dll was never meant to be distributed beyond this forum. It was specific to the thread it was released in. It was proof of concept code, and I made it very clear that it was not to be distributed, or used - unless it was being used for testing purposes.

You re-distributed it without my permission. I can't stand you for that. You're one of the most annoying people I've ever encountered on a web-based forum.

Good post, Kirkesp.
NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

93 Sat May 05, 2007 10:28 am

That was a long arse time ago.

Whatever.
Kigen

94 Sat May 05, 2007 10:47 am

NoFiXette wrote:
Kigen wrote:I'm just following everyone else's example.

That DLL was NoFiX's, that was the :oops: up NoCrash.

The crash-fix dll was never meant to be distributed beyond this forum. It was specific to the thread it was released in. It was proof of concept code, and I made it very clear that it was not to be distributed, or used - unless it was being used for testing purposes.

You re-distributed it without my permission. I can't stand you for that. You're one of the most annoying people I've ever encountered on a web-based forum.

Good post, Kirkesp.

You mean... I'm not the most annoying person you met on a web-based forum??? Then what am i to you! :D
-MiD-
Banned

95 Sat May 05, 2007 12:01 pm

-MiD- wrote:You mean... I'm not the most annoying person you met on a web-based forum??? Then what am i to you! :D

Try harder!! Just don't try to be like Kigen, please?
NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

96 Sat May 05, 2007 5:58 pm

NoFiXette wrote:
-MiD- wrote:You mean... I'm not the most annoying person you met on a web-based forum??? Then what am i to you! :D

Could you write a manual on that?
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

97 Sat May 05, 2007 8:02 pm

NoFiXette wrote:

Rotf nah, I've to much respect for you.
-MiD-
Banned

98 Sat May 05, 2007 9:11 pm

:rofl:
NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

99 Sun May 06, 2007 1:34 am

NoFix wins this round :P
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000