T1 Vista Test

This is the development community to discuss tribes mod coding or to ask questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Kirkesp
Captain
Captain
Posts: 1433
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:42 pm

Post by Kirkesp » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:55 pm

Plasmatic wrote:
NoFiXette wrote:You don't see me trashing Radio because I use Television. It's actually the opposite, because I used to run Radio full-time, and I'd act the same way Bart's acting right now. I'd make stuff up, I'd read all these anti-Network articles then use those biased articles to further support my habit of bashing the Networks. Eventually I grew out of it, and lost the Radio mentality altogether.

I guess if you've actually used Television, and come to the conclusion on your own that it isn't what you're looking for, or isn't nearly the experience that Radio is ( sure ), then I might take your rants more seriously.


Edited for hilarity. Not because his post was funny, or I disagree, but because I see this behavior all the time in various unrelated situations, and it drives me nuts. Nobody likes being wrong, so they fight tooth and nail to prove to themselves that they aren't. NoFix is right, you guys need to figure it out for yourself.

You sound no different there, friend. :wink:

User avatar
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000
Posts: 2207
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Post by BART_SIMPSON416 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:46 am

Plasmatic wrote:
NoFiXette wrote:You don't see me trashing Radio because I use Television. It's actually the opposite, because I used to run Radio full-time, and I'd act the same way Bart's acting right now. I'd make stuff up, I'd read all these anti-Network articles then use those biased articles to further support my habit of bashing the Networks. Eventually I grew out of it, and lost the Radio mentality altogether.

I guess if you've actually used Television, and come to the conclusion on your own that it isn't what you're looking for, or isn't nearly the experience that Radio is ( sure ), then I might take your rants more seriously.


Edited for hilarity. Not because his post was funny, or I disagree, but because I see this behavior all the time in various unrelated situations, and it drives me nuts. Nobody likes being wrong, so they fight tooth and nail to prove to themselves that they aren't. NoFix is right, you guys need to figure it out for yourself.


*shoots plas with a shotgun*

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:30 pm

Vista mem.dll - A standalone library that eliminates the requirement of the/a patched executable. Extract this to your Tribes directory, and run your normal Tribes.exe. ( Supports Tribes Versions 1.11, 1.30 and 1.31 )

King Bear
King Of Bears
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Contact:

Post by King Bear » Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:59 pm

<3 Teh NoFiX Keep going mang, you're helping me if no one else!

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Apr 30, 2007 8:11 pm

Let me know if that works / doesn't work!

User avatar
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000
Posts: 2207
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Post by BART_SIMPSON416 » Tue May 01, 2007 4:17 am

Uhm NoFix, could you make a mem.dll loader?
Something simple that loads all the dll's in a certain folder

User avatar
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=
Posts: 6896
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:02 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Post by Anubis » Tue May 01, 2007 7:16 am

yeah, with that I can load mem.dll cheat, mem.dll hudbot, mem.dll autoaim, mem.dll wallhack!! PLZ NOFIX!! :roll:

BHTANK
I have no clue.
Posts: 749
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:49 pm

Post by BHTANK » Tue May 01, 2007 3:24 pm

Anubis wrote:yeah, with that I can load mem.dll cheat, mem.dll hudbot, mem.dll autoaim, mem.dll wallhack!! PLZ NOFIX!! :roll:


Wow you need all that to play? Pitty

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

Post by NoFiXette » Tue May 01, 2007 3:36 pm

BART_SIMPSON416 wrote:Uhm NoFix, could you make a mem.dll loader?
Something simple that loads all the dll's in a certain folder


It's possible, but given the compatibility issues, and the fact that there's no implementation standard, the honest answer is no. I've written a basic plugin interface for my own stuff, but I'm not going to bother releasing it. Not enough time, or desire to support, yet, another public release.

andrew contacted me about adding Vista support to hudbot, so I stopped working on the hudbot-loader. I might throw it together though, if enough people want it - or if he doesn't release something soon.

I dunno, we'll see.

User avatar
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=
Posts: 6896
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:02 pm
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Post by Anubis » Tue May 01, 2007 4:03 pm

BHTANK wrote:
Anubis wrote:yeah, with that I can load mem.dll cheat, mem.dll hudbot, mem.dll autoaim, mem.dll wallhack!! PLZ NOFIX!! :roll:


Wow you need all that to play? Pitty


Im being sarcastic about bart's request.... :roll:

-MiD-
Banned
Posts: 2006
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:58 pm

Post by -MiD- » Tue May 01, 2007 6:55 pm

Kigen can do it! YOu know he can!

King Bear
King Of Bears
Posts: 1398
Joined: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:57 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ
Contact:

Post by King Bear » Tue May 01, 2007 7:41 pm

-MiD- wrote:Kigen can do it! YOu know he can!

User avatar
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000
Posts: 2207
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 1:47 pm

Post by BART_SIMPSON416 » Wed May 02, 2007 5:28 am

NoFiXette wrote:
BART_SIMPSON416 wrote:Uhm NoFix, could you make a mem.dll loader?
Something simple that loads all the dll's in a certain folder


It's possible, but given the compatibility issues, and the fact that there's no implementation standard, the honest answer is no. I've written a basic plugin interface for my own stuff, but I'm not going to bother releasing it. Not enough time, or desire to support, yet, another public release.

andrew contacted me about adding Vista support to hudbot, so I stopped working on the hudbot-loader. I might throw it together though, if enough people want it - or if he doesn't release something soon.

I dunno, we'll see.


Just say you won't give support.
Release it and tell people to figure it out by themselves :P

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

Post by NoFiXette » Wed May 02, 2007 4:25 pm

-MiD- wrote:Kigen can do it! YOu know he can!


Anyone can throw one together, but it wouldn't be very smart.

User avatar
Kigen
The Legendary Lone Marine.
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:00 pm

Post by Kigen » Thu May 03, 2007 1:35 pm

I remember someone saying you could rename a mem.dll to rasadhlp.dll and stuff would work just fine.

But I haven't tested this.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

Post by NoFiXette » Thu May 03, 2007 2:27 pm

Oh, you mean like the Kigen'sCrashPack.rar ... that contained my fix/patch library? :rofl:

Kigen, you're a funny, funny man.

And no, you can't just rename shit. That would be just as love stupid as 'loading' every library in a directory.

User avatar
Kigen
The Legendary Lone Marine.
Posts: 1577
Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:00 pm

Post by Kigen » Thu May 03, 2007 2:49 pm

I said I heard and that I haven't tested or messed with it.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain
Posts: 2425
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:22 am

Post by NoFiXette » Thu May 03, 2007 3:18 pm

You didn't hear that. You saw most of my releases, then came to that conclusion on your own.

Quimica
Call me Mr. Picky.
Posts: 1333
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:38 pm

Post by Quimica » Thu May 03, 2007 6:03 pm


-MiD-
Banned
Posts: 2006
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:58 pm

Post by -MiD- » Thu May 03, 2007 6:11 pm

Nofix should have his own topic/forum/discussion.
That says Nofix's Round house Flaming Rated: M
So, we can openly flame kigen, and he could mod it.

I think its a great idea.

Post Reply