Happy St. Patricks day!

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

21 Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:21 am

I'm nobody's molly. If NoFiX wants these programs he can code them himself.
Kigen
The Legendary Lone Marine.

22 Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:44 pm

he's not telling you to code them for him, he's telling you to code something or stfu, but you can't seem to do either, despite claiming to know how.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

23 Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:45 pm

I'm surrounded by dense people. :?
Kigen
The Legendary Lone Marine.

24 Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:49 pm

Kigen wrote:....

That's merely an illusion of being dense yourself.

Seriously, why the hell would NoFiX be 'exploting' you to 'write code for him'? What a horrible excuse for lack of knowledge. Just set it on the table or shut the hell up.
Crotalus
I DEMAND A TITLE!

25 Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:33 pm

if you really think thats the reason he's asking, write a program that detects HMers. infact, write a hello world application in a tribes mem.dll.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

26 Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Kigen wrote:....

Hay, rite m3 a pr0g fer tribez dat makez me jumpa bajillieion tymez. I kan do dat ealzy leik itz so basik bawt eye want u 2 do it.
------

Well kigen, Let's start with a few test of skills. Since you claim alot but don't produce to back up your claim. I'm going to start with a task for you that i'm sure you can bearly accomplish. Compile a .dll that spawns clowns and runs over school bus's.
-MiD-
Banned

27 Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:29 pm

hahaha... i like how you managed to make fun of every side of the argument with that post, MiD.

reminds me of the "Nuke the unborn gay whales" bumper sticker.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

28 Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:01 pm

-MiD- wrote:Compile a .dll that spawns clowns and runs over school bus's.

COMPLETE! Behold:

DllMain( CLOWN ); mutherfukers!
Crotalus
I DEMAND A TITLE!

29 Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:06 pm

what? only 32 bit? thats so... pre-vista!
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

30 Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:19 am

Perrinoia wrote:what? only 32 bit? thats so... pre-vista!

Lawl! It's even Pre-XP'64bit.
King Bear
King Of Bears

31 Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:12 pm

Perrinoia wrote:I'm really hoping that is a special st. patty's day version of annihilation, because the mortar image seems to be used for every single projectile... which is quite lame.

I'm speaking about whats being hosted on Blue Sex, if it differs from the file posted here at all.

but there's still far too many explosions and stuff going on in the new version.

all the jet trails and no, despite weakening the ammo dumping, it would appear that after the ammo has exploded, each individual projectile from the case comes popping out.

i dunno who's idea it was to make it more "realistic", but it's basically just a nuisance.

and i really hate the fried electrical system bull crap. i preferred it when you had no energy for a period of time, i can't stand having energy and getting damaged when i try to use it.

Yes, this was a special St Patrick's day build, was it green enough for you?
I'm putting the official build back up in Blue Sex.

The jetting damage you're thinking of is from Plasma Burn, not shocked damage. Jetting while shocked damage was removed in 3.0.

Would a 'sparse' mode with no explosions tickle your graphics card the way it likes it Perr? I've actually been thinking of including a 'classic' mode that would include all of the 1.31 stuff minus the bugs and exploits.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

32 Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:24 pm

Plasmatic wrote:Would a 'sparse' mode with no explosions tickle your graphics card the way it likes it Perr? I've actually been thinking of including a 'classic' mode that would include all of the 1.31 stuff minus the bugs and exploits.

umm... that depends if by "no explosions" you mean the annoying trails, or any and all explosions...

i really hate the plasma burn thing...

if you make a classic mode, i will kiss you. considering i suggested it when you released v2.0 beta! :lol:
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

33 Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:30 am

agreed. classic mode all the way.
Bongwater
id take one

34 Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:47 am

Bongwater wrote:agreed. classic mode all the way.

well.. i wouldn't say all the way.. there are a lot of good features in the newer versions of annihilation. like animated/destroyable drop ships, non-TK nuke, OS, and mine launcher. jail tower over jail cell too. and the pbeam already has a classic mode that is client side.. which is good. no need to enforce one mode or the other for that weapon.

i'm sure there are more things, but thats all i got at the moment.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

35 Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:17 pm

Pondering why the OS launcher could be something good...
King Bear
King Of Bears

36 Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:21 pm

It's fun!
Treshnell
Forum Ninja

37 Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:33 am

I don't know if it's just me or it's always like this, but on 56k the OS launcher is pretty laggy and doesn't quite fly right... though I'm sure it's just me. When used right the OS can actually be pretty amazing, but so many nubs use it -_- kills meh.
King Bear
King Of Bears

38 Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:38 am

King Bear wrote:Pondering why the OS launcher could be something good...

The new OS warhead depletes as it is flown, greatly reducing the damage it does at long range. This also reduces the noob factor once they realize they can't cower far away behind hills and still get kills.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

39 Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:26 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :lol:
that's all.
Death666
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

40 Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:45 pm

oh noes!

i liked the OS before. the whole point of it is to fly around while your body was in a secure location.

here's an idea... instead of making them do less damage at higher range, or giving them shorter range... when the missile blows up, check distance from missile to shooter, and if it's greater than a certain distance, pop up a message that says something like "your mind can't find it's way back to it's body..." and just have em stuck in an observer camera at the missile's last position until they die or something. then, instead of decrementing the energy bar based on time in the missile, decrement it based on distance from your player. so people will know they need to detonate before their energy bar is depleted.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

PreviousNext

Return to News