A flurry of activity!

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

1 Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:04 am

ImageImageImage

Annihilation mod is headed into Ascension, and we need help creating content for Annihilation mod in the Ascension game.

Ascension is a Tribesesqe game based on the Torque Shader Engine (TSE) from Garage Games. It will have extensive support for mods and conversions built in, along with various mods from T1 and T2 included. The game will be distributed for free, and is 100% community driven. Coders from popular mods from T1 and T2 like: TAC, Renagades, Meltdown, GTW, and now Annihilation are working on the project.

Although the game is based in TSE, no TSE license is needed to help with the project. Only engine coders will have access. Scripting, sounds, mapping, textures etc can be added and worked on without spending money for a license.

No prior experience is needed, but applicants must be intelligent and willing to learn.

If you are interested, drop me a PM in the forums, or email me at Plasmatic<at>gmail<dot>com
Last edited by Plasmatic on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

2 Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:06 am

it seems there will be 2 tribes like projects going on :P . Maybe it's an idea to share resources. Why would we model the same weapons twice? Or create the same buildings twice? if you know what i mean
robindegen
I ril pr0 men

3 Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:08 am

*wants to try skiing through that landscape.
Bongwater
id take one

4 Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:15 am

I ninja edited while you 2 were posting, to mention TAC, Renagades, Meltdown, and GTW mods are also working on the project.

Yes we can share resources Robin. ;) We just have to be carefull about using Tribes, or its intelectual property on this new game. I imagine direct copy's of T1 or T2 buildings, etc would not be a good idea. Vivendi Universal may also have a few things to say about the Source project...

Done any mapping Bongwater? I've skied that landscape allready.. :twisted:
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

5 Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:44 am

i do plenty of mapping in T1...

but i dont know much about other engines..

if your willing to teach im willing to learn.
Bongwater
id take one

6 Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:13 am

Plasmatic wrote:Vivendi Universal may also have a few things to say about the Source project...

no doubt yea, however i would really like to see maps like raindance. Atleast enough that people will reconize it. Same for broadside
robindegen
I ril pr0 men

7 Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:46 am

Having two competing Tribes ports is counterproductive. I'm going to start a vote.
Force
The Banninator

8 Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:42 am

wow shitz.. thats sooo zomg cool. look at that graphics! woot. i wanna play it.
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

9 Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:44 am

Plasmatic wrote:I've skied that landscape allready.. :twisted:

dam you... :cry:
It is already done? can we download it? or am i blind?
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

10 Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:32 am

plas, i would very much like to learn how to make maps for tribes: source.

i'll PM you a request for details on how to get started.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

11 Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:17 pm

rawr im map director!
-MiD-

12 Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:23 pm

which means what exactly?
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

13 Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:30 pm

i pwnz0r++ you!
-MiD-

14 Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:41 pm

you couldn't pwnz0r++ a fly!
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

15 Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:28 pm

Me and crotalus pwnz0r++'ed plasmatic.
-MiD-

16 Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:03 pm

Actually, robin is in charge of maps atm. You don't even have Steam, silly boy!
Force
The Banninator

17 Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:25 pm

ok then, i'll download steam on sunday-ish, when i have enough time to go out of town to use my own computer. and hopefully one of you will be online to help me out on getting all the resources i need to start mapping. or purhaps a complete listing will be posted by then.

as far as i understand, i need to download steam, then purchase some game(s) through steam, and download some tutorial of some sort.

oh, and purhaps get tribes: source from plas if thats one of the steps... i'm unsure of this. is it required to make maps? like tribes is required to make tribes maps? or is there some external map editor that is free to download? although i think a beta version would be nice to test out the maps or something.. i dunno.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

18 Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:42 pm

Lol, Perr. We're trying to get our first map up and running so that we can test things out.
Force
The Banninator

19 Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:11 am

Can i make a map with my computer?
dam, i would like to make a map.
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

20 Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:13 am

Force wrote:Lol, Perr. We're trying to get our first map up and running so that we can test things out.

it works.. i could use some help on the terrain though. I'm still looking around for a good way to make "holes". I tried just leaving out one but that's to big.. so i resized a few around it but then you cant sew them anymore because they're not aligned right. The only thing i didn't try yet is carve.. but i've seen before that that messes up anyway for terrains
robindegen
I ril pr0 men

Next

Return to News