Vengeance Mod

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

1 Fri May 21, 2004 5:53 pm

Hey there. Some of you from the Annihilation community, and the tribes scripting boards at Tribal War know I've been working on a T:V inspired mod for T1. This mod is built on Annihilation 3 code, and will be available soon for download. It's running in my server called "The Future".

All of the T:V weapons (except the Grappler), packs, and deployables are in the mod, and work more or less like we've seen in the videos.

In its current incarnation, gameplay is quite fast and intuitive. Experienced players will find a challenge, and new players should pick up gameplay basics quickly.

Click the Comments link below for more info.

-Plasmatic
Last edited by Plasmatic on Fri May 21, 2004 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

2 Fri May 21, 2004 5:56 pm

More info:

A few notable changes over T1 Base:

Mortars and Grenade launcher projectiles can be shot down, and will explode when colliding with vehicles or players. A good shot will result in a mid air..
Players spawn in medium armor, and have a 5 second invulnerable time the is removed when a weapon is pulled out.
The Burner will set players on fire, and damage over time, along with an initial damage when hit.
The Chaingun will smoke and overheat, damaging the user.
Rocket Pod and Buckler weapons are 'steered' by where the shooter looks.
Blaster fires in a shotgun pattern.
Sniper rifle is ammo based.
Mines are deployed from your hand. No more mine disks.
No beacons or repair kits to reduce HO camping.

All packs have active and passive modes, 10 seconds active, 8 second recharge, 18 seconds total cycle.
Speed Pack increases jump height, walking speed, and weapon fire time. Passivly and more so when active.
Shield pack reduces damage by 1/4 passive, and 3/4 when active. Converts some damage to kickback, usefull for mortar and disc jumps.
Energy pack will boost speed on use, and aids in energy recharge.
Repair pack passivly repairs the wearer, and sends out a healing cloud on use.

Deployable Speed pads increase a players speed when running or skiing across, do nothing when walking slowly across.
Deployable generator, solar panels reinforce existing power grids.
Deployable Shock, Flame and Vortex (pulls enemys in) turrets add flexability without replacing players.
Teleport pads to quickly warp teamates and supplies around. Teleporters will also move enemy mines, mortars, and grenades, so carefull placement is necessary.
Repair turret repairs friendly players and itself, will soon repair equiptment.
Multiple use stations can be used without walking into. Walk near and let the station connect to you.
Impacting players will transfer momentum to another player based on armor weight. Getting slammed by a skiing heavy will throw you back quite a ways. Billiards game type anyone?

Auto and a bunch of us were testing earlier today.. Here's some .recs
http://www.annihilation.info/plasmatic/vengeance1.zip
http://www.annihilation.info/plasmatic/vengeance2.zip
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

3 Sat May 29, 2004 9:36 pm

would it be possible to have thoughs converted to movie formats for thoughs of us with virus's that prevent us from using tribes among other things (ie: me)?
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

4 Sat May 29, 2004 10:21 pm

btw: i have a suggestion for the t:v mod...

you know how theres gonna be a grappler hook in t:v (the game)?
modify your pitch fork to be a grappler beam, using that laser image that can bend.

modes can control whether the tool is used to move you or your target.

allow the shooter to swing from the target and vise versa depending on the weapon modes or weight / anchor of the targeted object. by anchor i am refering to an object the player is not allowed to move, for instance, map standard turrets and generators. by mentioning weight as a variable to consider, i mean to suggest a new physical characteristic to the game.

if you hang on a flying player, your weight should be added to theirs, dragging them down more than their jets can lift them. enforcing gravity.
this way 2 players cannot sling off each other infinately upwords. one must go down, but threw a slinging action, the others trajectory could be reversed at the expence of the 1st's.

retracting the beam would result in toe-ing, if the trajectory is ascending, the object will swing, if the trajectory is descending the object will be lobbed. again, the object could be the target or the shooter depending on the previously mentioned variables.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

5 Sun May 30, 2004 2:19 pm

I coded a grappler a week ago that works pretty nice. You can maypole around the towers in raindance, swing up and over the bridges in dangerous crossing, and land ski behind vehicles. Get your viruses taken care of, and try it out in one of the time bandit servers (The future, and the past).

When I get some time, I'll add in grappling players. I really don't want to complicate the Vengeance mod with modes, its pretty easy to play and intuitive.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

6 Mon May 31, 2004 3:57 pm

I'd like to run the mod. When is it out and when May I get it?
Vice
Ensign
Ensign

7 Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:50 am

SAND
Commander
Commander

8 Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:59 pm

Oh I see you got the memo, but you read it up-side-down. Its supposed to read: 9007.
Auto
Development Team

9 Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:56 pm

cuz 2 and 7 look so much a like :wink:
xboxmaster56
Change is Swell

10 Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:14 pm

the year 9007?!?! LOL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Jinzo
Contributor #1

11 Thu Jun 03, 2004 11:43 pm

lol, Yeah I know it was a stretch... but I felt the need to make a joke of some sort.
Auto
Development Team

12 Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:23 pm

I would love to join one of your servers with your beta mods to find holes and fall through them or whatever bugs it may have , but because i cant install the tribes 1.11 patch I cant play on your servers . Is it a security risk or sumthin to run a 1.8 server cause I really wana play. If its not could u run 1.8 , I would greatly appreatiate that
Risker259
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

13 Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:58 pm

I'm sure you can install the patch. Are you sure your copy of Tribes is 1.8? You may need the other patch. Othewise, why don't you just download the game and try reinstalling?
Treshnell
Forum Ninja

14 Sat Sep 11, 2004 7:01 am

Risker259 wrote:I would love to join one of your servers with your beta mods to find holes and fall through them or whatever bugs it may have , but because i cant install the tribes 1.11 patch I cant play on your servers . Is it a security risk or sumthin to run a 1.8 server cause I really wana play. If its not could u run 1.8 , I would greatly appreatiate that

Email me at sandman1966@comcast.net and i'll see if i can help you.
<!> 7 Liter
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

15 Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:13 pm

seriously you can skitch behind planes?

i gotta go try that
twiceshot
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

16 Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:44 pm

Risker259 wrote:I would love to join one of your servers with your beta mods to find holes and fall through them or whatever bugs it may have , but because i cant install the tribes 1.11 patch I cant play on your servers . Is it a security risk or sumthin to run a 1.8 server cause I really wana play. If its not could u run 1.8 , I would greatly appreatiate that

I host the full patched version of Tribes at www.tribes0.com
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

17 Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:44 pm

The newest Vengeance mod is up at www.tribes0.com now also.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

18 Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:11 pm

And on the server, I hope?
I want more good games!
Treshnell
Forum Ninja

19 Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:23 pm

i gotta say the mortars with the trigger are the greates plas, you have no idea how much joy i get out of bustin someone in the face with a can of funk..
Armageddon
Arma-Goddarn a roo-Motherlovein-Geddon

20 Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:24 pm

speaking of funk, thoes would have rocked hard in Sex mod. damn i miss that mod :(
Armageddon
Arma-Goddarn a roo-Motherlovein-Geddon

Next

Return to News