Stat tracking!

Discuss almost anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Quimica
Call me Mr. Picky.

Re: Stat tracking!

Post by Quimica » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:55 pm

SAND wrote:where can i get these? for annihilation

NoFiXette wrote:Could always go this route, which is now implemented on The Community, which was more or less a copy of how US Base did theirs:

coding objective screen stats isn't plug and play

it's simple for a decent coder but way too complicated to try and explain to someone at your level

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 pm

He has several knowledgeable coders willing to give it a shot for him. A little help to get them started would be nice.

I'm not sure how much time I can donate to getting the job done, but I am certainly willing to work on it as much as I can.

I've fiddled with the objective screen before, but I couldn't get the regular team score info from covering up my info half a second later...

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:41 am

I messed with organizing stats in objective screen. It has its own complex things, like making it all be aligned
and have absolute position (like solid).
Getting stats is easy, the hard part is using hex chars and tabs correctly to organize the table correctly.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Yeah.. A brief tutorial on that hex crap would definitely be helpful for me.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:42 am

Correction Lemon, my stats are plug-and-play!

Objective screen formatting is similar to bottomPrint, centerPrint, and topPrint, in that it offers centering <JC>, right trim<JR>, left trim<JL>, length-based tabbing <L(n)>, fonts <f(n), bitmaps <B0,0:(filename)>, and probably something I'm forgetting. If you know how to use bottomPrint, then you shouldn't have a problem applying it to the objective screen.

It's really that simple. I made several utility functions that assist in plotting the header, and plotting of each individual column. I would suggest anyone that plans on attempting such a stat-screen to do the same.

edit: What is this 'hex' crap everyone's talking about?

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:19 am

NoFiXette wrote:Correction Lemon, my stats are plug-and-play!

Objective screen formatting is similar to bottomPrint, centerPrint, and topPrint, in that it offers centering <JC>, right trim<JR>, left trim<JL>, length-based tabbing <L(n)>, fonts <f(n), bitmaps <B0,0:(filename)>, and probably something I'm forgetting. If you know how to use bottomPrint, then you shouldn't have a problem applying it to the objective screen.

It's really that simple. I made several utility functions that assist in plotting the header, and plotting of each individual column. I would suggest anyone that plans on attempting such a stat-screen to do the same.

edit: What is this 'hex' crap everyone's talking about?

A hex char following \t can define a constant length of a string in the corresponding column.

setTeamScoreHeading("Team Name\t\xC8Score");
setClientScoreHeading("Player Name\t\x78Team\t\xC8Score");

This works in Obj screen!
After being pissed off by the fact that different chars and different strings make things move I used
this to make the string lengths and chars be ignored and simply define a constant size to the table.

Put smaller hex numbers and you will see Team Name (e.g.) doesn't fit in that space.
I used \t\x to make the stats table solid (stuff will not move no matter what), in my mod's obj screen.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:08 am

Using <L(n)> works as a length-based tab, so I would support using it over the hex method which evidently is more confusing.

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 am

I think there's some confusion about what plug and play means... :cat:

NoFix, I think they're thinking about formatting for the tab menu. function Client::setScore.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:37 am

No, we were talking about the objective screen.

C-- used code from the tab menu in the objective screen and claims that it worked. I see no reason for it not to work, but I agree with Nofix, hex seems more confusing to me.

I'm curious about one thing though, what does nofix's objective screen stats look like in windowed mode?

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:19 am

Perrinoia wrote:No, we were talking about the objective screen.

C-- used code from the tab menu in the objective screen and claims that it worked. I see no reason for it not to work, but I agree with Nofix, hex seems more confusing to me.

I'm curious about one thing though, what does nofix's objective screen stats look like in windowed mode?

Of course it is confusing, but where the love could I find out about <L> ?? It does not appear in any code of the base mod and I do not hack memory or whatever in my spare time to discover such things...

I will see <L(n)> when I have the time. Now we know! :cat:
Last edited by C-- on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:22 am

Plasmatic wrote:I think there's some confusion about what plug and play means... :cat:

NoFix, I think they're thinking about formatting for the tab menu. function Client::setScore.

He's saying he used it to format the objective screen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did work on the objective screen, I never tried it. I know it works for various other HUDS.

And as far as plug-and-play goes, well, stats being plug and play is impossible, but if you run zadmin, this baby is plug and play, without TOUCHING / MODIFYING any code :) Sweet as love.

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:34 am

Am I the only person in the world that uses tools from http://www.planettribes.com/scripter ?

Shit. I need those progs... they are gone

Last edited by C-- on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:38 am

Probably.

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:44 am

What do you use?

Ok I am not sure about what I said earlier. I took the last version of the mod that plas has and it did not have hex
chars after \t, but that is not the latest version of the mod (I remember This version). The latest version was destroyed along with my HDD. So try it, I do not guarantee anything but I think I did use hex chars ...

Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by Plasmatic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 am

I used to use winvol, but it has limitations the command line tool does not.

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

Post by NoFiXette » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:38 am

Pakscape is where it's at.

I need to hack it into working with TED files still, but other than that, it's easily the best volume tool that exists.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:05 am

Hell yeah... I use pakscape too... I wish it would convert pBMP->BMP and vise versa, but I suppose that's just me.

Oh, and encrypted vols... I don't think it works with them.

C--
Sorry....

Post by C-- » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:25 am

the visual vol does work with encrypted vols. visual vt also can create them. Really nice progs...

NoFiXette
Captain
Captain

Post by NoFiXette » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:50 am

Perrinoia wrote:Hell yeah... I use pakscape too... I wish it would convert pBMP->BMP and vise versa, but I suppose that's just me.

Oh, and encrypted vols... I don't think it works with them.

It doesn't support LZH compressed vol files. I should 'hack' that in, too. Not really worth the time, or effort, especially when there's no reason to use LZH compression on vols in my worthless opinion.

Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

Post by Perrinoia » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:42 pm

There is one good reason...

To share your mod, yet prevent noobs from love it up.